Mga Pahina

Linggo, Setyembre 1, 2013

Un Chien Andalou

( Un Chien Andalou Short Film)

                      First of all, after watching the film, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY.

                      I was able to watch the film twice. Watched it first with the whole class at school during our cinema class. Since I wasn't able to understand it, I tried to give myself another chance to understand the film. Its heartbreaking that I've wasted time trying to understand something yet you end up gaining nothing. It brought so much headache for it manipulated my brain through the not-so-related events present in the film. I guess this is what Surrealist films really wanted, to surprise their audiences through the shocking events in the film.

                     The film is not boring for it showed disgusting yet interesting scenes. Let's just disregard the fact that Surrealist films don't have narratives. Some of those scenes are the following:




                             Un Chien Andalou is a film of the most famous film maker Luis Bunuel. He was one of the casts of this film. He was present at the prologue. According to French translation, Un Chien Andalou is translated as "Andalusian Dog". I searched for the definition of Andalusian, a region of Southern Spain on the Mediterranean Sea, the Strait of Gibraltar, and the Atlantic Ocean. 

                            Honestly, I did not see any relation of the title translation to the plot of the film. Well there may be a subliminal message present, I just haven't figured it out yet, or maybe won't be able to figure it out anymore. 

                          I don't think Surrealist films will be a great hit for the present generation. I'm not closing any opportunity for myself to watch this type of film again in my life. Who knows, maybe one day, the thought of mine would be proven wrong. :) I'll be waiting for it. It would be really exciting if there would be a diversion of film that young people will look into. Looking forward!

- ClarissaAlimot

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento