Mga Pahina

Miyerkules, Setyembre 11, 2013

Eastern Promises

(Official trailer of the film Eastern Promises)


                          I prefer being alone when watching movies because I easily understand the plot of the story. I mean, I get to think easily without distractions around. Honestly, when I first saw the film, I had a hard time understanding it, I even asked some of my classmates why this and that happened. Weakness checked.

                         I have lots of unanswered questions in my head about the film, so when I got home the day we watched the movie, I immediately searched for the plot. I felt amazed on the flow of the story. There were some parts that is included but I wasn't able to catch up while watching the film. After I read the plot, I quickly posted "OMG. Just read the plot of the film Eastern Promises. Great story!" in my twitter just to let them how I amused I was. 



                        David Cronenberg directed the British crime thriller film Eastern Promises which was released year 2007. The film is starred by Viggo Mortensen as Nikolai, the driver of an old 'thief-in-law'; Naomi Watts as Anna, midwife at a London hospital; and Vincent Cassel as Kirill, who, together with his father, abused and raped the 14-year-old girl Tatiana.

                       The film featured the subject of sex-trafficking as well as depicting the reality behind those Russian criminals which included the portrayals of tattoos as the symbolization of the organization. There were some twists that truly got me after knowing. First is that, it is Semyon who is the father of the baby carried by Tatiana. It was mentioned in the film that Semyon caught Kirill raping her, but instead of getting mad, he joined his son, and sexually hit her as she bleeds. Second, Nikolai is a member of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation working under license by the British Government, that is why he was the good guy throughout the film. With that revelation, my questions are now answered. Yes!

                       Its a mystery to me why the film is titled as Eastern Promises. I failed as I try to search for the definition of the phrase.

                      Of course, just like any other film, it ended happily. The baby was kept by Anna, whom she named as Christine; Semyon was arrested; Nikolai now became the boss of the organization.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento